Fruit Walk under way
The planting of the new orchard is well under way with all our helpers from Arran High, Arran Outdoor Education Centre groups and other volunteers. There will be signage going up soon and a lovely fruit walk to explore and learn about the fruit trees, different ways to grow them, their crops and what we can use them for. Watch this space to find out more or have a wander around site to see for yourself!
100 soft fruit bushes are also being planted as part of our CCF project – gooseberries, red currants, black currants, raspberries and lots more types. Signage will go up on the varieties and uses of all that yummy fruit! If it all does not get eaten fresh we may get some jam!
More work is being done on in the tunnels with progress on the sitting area with delicate fruit trees at the end of the community tunnel.
Coming up in the Spring
• Green Shows at Arran High and Lamlash Primary – we are preparing to deliver two great green shows at the end of Feb and start of March – showcasing all things green, arty and including fashion & film elements. These will be the last big events of the currently funded project – look out for them if you have children in either school!
• Community Meeting date tbc – looking at future plans for the land
Regular Sessions to the end of March:
• Growers Drop in Sessions – run every Wednesday from 3-4pm with Darren and Matt. Open to everyone – not just our allotment plot holders. Also runs every first Saturday in the month 9-10am.
• Volunteer Days – 10am-12 on Saturday in the first weekend in the month.
• Grubby Greenies Sessions! 10-12 on first Saturday of the month