Get an Energy Performance Certificate and energy help for your home
By Ruth McLaren, published on the Arran Eco Savvy website
Eco Savvy are delighted to have been awarded funding from the Scottish Government’s Rural Communities Ideas Into Action Fund for a Green Islands Net Zero domestic energy project.
The work will try to address some of the issues with Arran’s housing and related services to islanders. It will also help build a better understanding of the island’s carbon emissions as a whole and the best way to potentially reduce these.
The main aims of the project running from January to March 2023:
• Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) will be carried out on 40 households on Arran
• 3 Arran residents will be trained and accredited to perform EPCs
• Approximately 20 in depth “lifestyle” carbon footprint assessments will be carried out to get an emissions estimate for the home/family
• 3 workshops focusing on carbon awareness, home energy usage and possible community solutions
• Smaller informal meetings showcasing some items which can reduce home energy costs.
The data gathered by both stages of the Green Islands Programme will be used to inform an emissions estimate for the entire island, signposting where reductions are needed to help us reach the Scottish Government’s green targets and Arran’s ambition to reach net zero by 2030.
Andrew Deery, project coordinator said, “I am excited to be part of the team working on this project as it will provide a service to locals, even after its completion, and it will gather useful data to inform future decisions affecting the island.”
Workshops will be held in the Ormidale Pavilion on the following dates (third one tbc):
• Friday 3rd February
• Friday 17th February
The Green Islands team will also be at the Eco Savvy Zero Waste Cafes on selected Wednesdays in Shiskine and Corrie to answer questions and have available some energy saving devices for folk to have a look at (see below for more info).
• 11am to 1pm Wednesday 1st February – Corrie and Sannox Village Hall
• 11am to 1pm Wednesday 8th February – St. Molios Hall, Shiskine
• 11am to 1pm Wednesday 15th February – Corrie and Sannox Village Hall
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) on Arran
Eco Savvy are looking for people who would like an Energy Performance Certificate on their property (free or we welcome discretionary donations) – please get in touch by emailing email@example.com