Looking for the chance to learn to snorkel safely, build your confidence and have fun, whilst being taught by fully qualified BSAC instructors?
Then join COAST for one of our snorkel taster sessions! Participants will learn how to use and fit equipment, how to snorkel safely and then be taken on a snorkelling session to discover some of the underwater treasures that Arran has to offer.
There are 14 sessions planned, starting from the beginning of June and going on throughout the summer. For dates and times, visit the COAST website.
Or book on the eventbrite website.
Or contact COAST on 01770 600 656
The first one will be on Saturday, June 1, 2019 from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm, cost £25
Each session will last up to three hours, consisting of equipment familiarisation, a safety briefing, kitting up and an in-water session. All equipment can be provided, and is included in the price, although clients who have their own gear are welcome to use it.
The sessions are suitable for all abilities, from beginners to more advanced snorkellers. Participants must be 8 years or more and must be able to swim at least 50 m unaided. Snorkelling in open water is an activity which requires general physical fitness and good health. You/your child should not take part in this activity if you/they have a history of diabetes, epilepsy (blackouts), perforated eardrums, high blood pressure, any lung or respiratory disorder.
Anyone wishing to take part in a snorkelling session with COAST must complete a medical declaration on the day. If the applicant is under 18 years of age, the declaration must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian who is aware of the child’s health history.
You will need to bring with you on the day:
* Snorkel kit and full length wetsuit (unless you are loaning from us)
* Beach water shoes/wetsuit boots (not crocs)(unless you are loaning from us)
* Swimming shorts/costume (if you can arrive wearing it, even better!)
* Rash vest (if you have one) or long sleeved top (for extra warmth)
* Warm, dry clothing for afterwards, including a woolly hat!
* Snacks and a drink (we can provide hot tea/coffee/chocolate on site for a small donation)
* Any medication you may require * Anything else you would normally bring with you eg. sunscreen