Asparagus, red onion and ricotta tart
Sent in from Anne Kinsman
8 filo pastry sheets
200g asparagus woody ends removed
200g ricotta cheese
25g grated parmesan
25g red Leicester, grated
1 red onion sliced into rings
1 garlic clove crushed
1 free range large egg
Half a lemon zest and juice
Extra olive oil.
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/160c fan/gas mark 4-5.
2. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
3. Stack filo sheets onto the tray, brushing olive each sheet as you layer them.
4. Combine the ricotta, egg, grated parmesan, lemon juice and garlic. Season and spread over the pastry leaving a 2cm gap at the edges.
5. Evenly spread the asparagus over the top, sprinkle the red onion over, and top with the red Leicester. Then fold the edges in.
6. Bake for 15 -20 minutes until golden brown.
7. To serve, sprinkle with lemon zest, parmesan shavings, chopped chives and drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.