Courgette, tomato, and basil spaghetti
Sent in by Anne Kinsman
500g spaghetti or Pasta of your choice
1 medium onion, finely diced.
1 large yellow courgette chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
Half a red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
20 cherry tomatoes halved.
1 tsp balsamic vinegar.
1 bunch of fresh basil, chopped plus stalks chopped separately.
20g shaved parmesan
Sea salt and cracked black pepper.
1. Add a splash of olive oil to a pan and gently fry the onion and courgette for around 5 minutes until soft and slightly browned.
2. Add the garlic, basil stalks fresh chilli and cherry tomatoes and continue to cook for 2 minutes
3. Add the passata, puree balsamic vinegar and cook over a gentle head for 10 minutes stirring until it has reduced and thickened .season to taste.
4. Stir in the chopped basil leaves (save some for serving) and turn off the heat.
5. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
6. Drain the pasta, but retain a little water of the cooking water.
7. Add the drained pasta to the sauce and if necessary add some of the cooking water to loosen the sauce a little.
8. Serve topped with shaved parmesan, fresh basil and a few chilli flakes.