Pea and Potato Frittata
Contributed by Anne Kinsman
3 Table spoons olive oil
1 Red onion sliced
567g new potatoes, cooked and cut into thick slices
200g frozen peas
6 large eggs
75g cheddar cheese (or reduced fat cheese)
1 half tea spoon white wine vinegar
1 round lettuce, leaves separated and torn into bite size pieces
1 small cucumber halved lengthways and sliced.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium ovenproof frying pan, about 20cm wide. Fry the onion over a medium to high heat for about 8 minutes until soft and lightly golden.
Heat the grill to high.
2. Add the potatoes to the pan, stir in the peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently until the peas are bright and green and defrosted.
3. Beat the eggs in a jug and pour into the pan to cover the vegetables, swirling to coat the base of the pan.
4. Once the base has set (about 3 minutes), sprinkle over the crumbled cheese and transfer to the grill. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes until there is no visible runny egg but still a little wobble in the middle.
5. Meanwhile whisk the vinegar with 2 tablespoons of oil in a large bowl. Toss in the lettuce and cucumber and mix everything to coat.
Serve alongside wedges of the frittata.
With many thanks to Anne Kinsman for sending in this recipe.